1. Volunteered to help teach English as a second language at the PM Public Library.
2. Provided a small stipend for a qualified college applicant,
3. Supported the Play for Peace Soccer Tournament that helps heal minority wounds after the brutal murder of Marcelo Lucero in Patchogue seven years ago,
4. Provided support for the important parish Outreach Programs,
5. Worked with Island Harvest and AARP to assist disadvantaged persons obtain SNAP benefits,
6.. Worked with Pax Christi Long Island on Peace and Social Justice issues,
7. Worked with St. Joseph’s College to have a book signing event with David Hartsough, who recently wrote "Waging Peace - Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist",
8. Worked with Island Harvest to collect food for the holiday season food drive,
9. Participated in Peace demonstrations at the annual Jones Beach Memorial Day celebrations,
10. Participated in the annual Hiroshima Memorials in Bellport, NY,
11. Participated in the "Pilgrimage with Francis: A Short Walk for Laudato Si", Brentwood, NY,
12. Met monthly to study and discuss Social Justice needs and how we can put our Faith into practice,
13. Participated in monthly meetings of Pax Christi Long Island at Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal in Wyandanch,
14. Worked with the Suffolk Center on the Holocaust, Diversity and Human Understanding, Inc. To distribute 21 Diversity banners for use in schools, theaters and store windows in Patchogue during the holiday season,
15. Participated in study and discussion meetings on Laudato Si at the Nursing Sisters of The Sick Poor, Inc.,Rockville Center,
16. Worked with the L. I. Peace Alliance to encourage legislation on "the Youth Promise Act",
17. Published a letter to the editors of Newsday on the need for passage of the Youth Promise Act,
18. Maintained a Social Justice Section in our parish web-site,
19. Worked with a local artist (John Dinaro) to have a beautiful layered wood sculpture "Embrace Peace" donated for use at meetings and events,
20. Worked with interfaith groups to seek solutions to local homeless problems,
21. Lead the Stations of the Cross during lent, with an emphasis on Social Justice,
22. Obtained and distributed cards and "clings" advocating a "Weapons Free Environment",
23. Wrote letters to State and Federal legislators urging actions on Social Justice issues.
24. Picked up bread twice weekly for Island Harvest for distribution to St Francis Outreach, and/or Head Start, Patchogue-Medford Youth and Community Services or Tudor Time.